LARGER THAN LIFE FOAM SCULPTING
If you want to really attract attention, you have to go BIG. Take your next project to monumental status with EPS foam solutions.
WE PUSH OUT FOAM PROPS LIKE THE ELVES ON THE NORTH POLE PUSH OUT TOYS
Speed of execution is the name of the game in film, events, and tradeshows. Ideas come in late and need to be produced at the drop of a hat. We are used to this, and use state-of-the-art CNC machines, 3d modeling software, and experienced talent to crank out sculptures that meet deadlines and expectations.
OUR CLASSICALLY TRAINED ARTISTS WILL MAKE YOU A SCULPTURAL MASTERPIECE
We bolster the reputation of two classically trained artists on our team and they leave no detail unattended to. You can rest assured that your work will capture the essence of the character, emotion, and setting you are trying to evoke. Don’t have a file readily available to produce your piece? No problem, we’ll gladly create a digital model for you.
WE ARE STEADY WITH OUR TOUCH BUT QUICK ON OUR FEET
We are experienced in working in the design process. Things are bound to change along the way. We will work with you until the end to ensure your complete satisfaction. Building relationships is equally gratifying to us as what we make.
EPS FOAM, THE MIRACLE MATERIAL FOR PROP MAKING AND SCENIC DESIGN
EPS foam is commonly known for being used in packaging to keep items safe and at proper temperature during shipping and handling. Less known is its ubiquity in the film industry and creative arts to sculpt large works at a feasible cost. EPS has so many attractive properties that are often overlooked by the layperson. In our trade, it is the first option in so many sculptural applications.
What are the benefits of EPS foam?
- Easily sculpted
- Strong, compression resistant
- Easily recycled
- Thermal efficient
- Takes finishing well, can be made to look like any material
- Fills space easily
What do we use to produce our 3d sculptures?
- In the design stage
- Z-brush for characters, textures, organic work
- Rhinoceros for more engineered forms
- CNC Machines
- Our Laguna Smartshop III 3 axis router can get our sculptures very close to a finish state. Perfectly keeping proportions and dimensions of the digital model. Slices of foam are loaded on the table and milled and then glued together after.
- Artist finishing
- Our artist then take the CNC form and take it to its completed state with all the details worked in. Apply a hardcoat and paint and you have your finished sculpture!